Monday, May 10, 2010

"I believe the distance of reach is far beyond what I have ever dreamed"


This is a picture of my last breakfast with my family. Mmmmmmm, fried rice and coffee.



The last two pics are all that I own. No car. No House/Apartment. Just these boxes and suitcases.

Whew. It has been a crazy last week. Lots of running around. My cousin had a baby 12 hours before I left for Philly for Staging. I have spent the last 24 hours basically getting to know a as many fellow trainees as possible. I got to sit in a room for 7 hours and learn about Peace Corps core policies and rules. It was a lot to take in a single sitting. I am extremely tired and have to be up extra early because I am a group leader and have to help get other Peace Corps Trainees onto a bus heading for JFK in NYC as well and be in charge of their tickets and passports. Exciting stuff. I am also realizing that I brought the least amount of stuff. I apparently am going to be getting a lot of things there such as more button up shirts, more slack, and ties. Business casual is less casual and more business in my opinion. But I also think that anything with buttons is dressed up. All my clothes are going to be hand washed and line dried which will limit what dress shirts I can wear. The more I talk with people about my job the more I realize that Community Development workers seem to have the least amount of direction which is a relief and terrifying. I like the freedom but also find it daunting.

I am meeting a lot of awesome people. My cohort is big with 80 kids heading to Bulgaria with me. I am not getting tired and should be off to bed soon. The next time I blog will be in a couple weeks when I regain Internet access in Bulgaria. I will miss you all and look forward to seeing you when my adventure is done.

No comments:

Post a Comment